healthy, sustainable, efficient…cycling means better cities!
Urban cycling is more than a healthy activity. It is one of the most efficient transport methods, with a huge positive impact both on citizens and the city itself.
Cities tend to focus their efforts on cycling promotion in terms of physical infrastructure: bike lanes, parking facilities, etc. However, in a digital era, a digital approach is also required in order to succeed. Are you aware of the possibilities that technology brings to urban cycling?
Antitheft protection, bike rental, valuable data for planning and commercial purposes, co-design of new infrastructure… The opportunities are endless!
These are some of ‘Smart Cycling’ products and services that City Makers can offer to your city:
– Digital strategy: It is the beginning of the way. Every project in this field must be coordinated and complemented by other actions.
– Crowdsourced cycling management: Cyclists can help your city to find the most dangerous points in it, the infrastructure needed and other important insights. You only need to create the frame and they will work with you.
– Cycling flows analytics: Analyzing the most common itineraries of bicycles can be a key support for designing the future planning and maintenance of your city.
– Development of tailor-made ‘bike user’ apps: These can range from more simple apps designed to inform citizens about all the bike resources available in the city (parking facilities, stores, etc.), to more complex systems with geo-location, in which many additional services can be included (report of dangerous points, data analytics, etc.).
– Registration system: A system for registering bikes provides more anti-theft security to bike users, but also makes its management easier for the police and other civil servants.
SMART FIETS AMSTERDAM
City Makers is currently working with the city of Amsterdam on their parking strategy and implementing our bike management solution Smart Fiets.
In this case, we are creating a bike registration system compatible with the existing enforcement tools and the renovated parking facilities.
This system will connect citizens’ bikes with the administration, so it can be reported when their bicycle has been stolen, while the city will be able to contact them in case the bike has been found or brought to the bike deposit.
URBAN CYCLING EVENTS
We can collaborate with your city by connecting your needs with an international network of cycling experts in order to find the best practices for your situation.
In September 2016, we organized the event “Holland meets Madrid”, sponsored by the Embassy of The Netherlands in Spain as part of the activities of the Mobility Week.
In this event, Stefan Bendiks (cycling infrastructure expert) and Janneke van Klei (cycling education manager at Fietsersbond), gave a talk about their experience and participated in a workshop about the future cycling itineraries in Madrid with professionals, civil servants and citizens of the
SUSTAINABLE MOBILITY PLANS FOR COMPANIES
Encouraging your employees to work can bring your company many benefits apart from helping to the environment: more motivation from their part, better work-environment or tax deduction, among others.
These plans can vary depending on the company’s features and location. They can include benefits like rewards per kilometer done by bike or walking, car-sharing programs.
There exist national and regional funds to implement this kind of policies. Ask us and we will create a tailor-made plan for your company.